Hawker 800XP 850XP and 800XPR
The Hawker 800XP, 800XPR, and 850XP are twin engine mid-sized corporate jets built by British Aerospace (BA) for Hawker Beechcraft. The Hawker 800XP has proven to be one of the most successful business jets produced by BA and the the 850XP and XPR simply offer more of what pilots and passengers have loved about the family of jets for the last 50 years.
The Hawker 800 jet was originally developed by BA as the HS-125-800 as an upgraded successor to the HS-125-700 business jet. In 1993 Raytheon purchased BA’s Corporate jet division and to align their business jets with the Hawker brand, the HS-125-800 and HS-125-700 became the Hawker 800 and Hawker 700 respectively. The Hawker 800XP was introduced in 1995 as a replacement for the Hawker 800 which itself had a very successful 8 year production run.
Thus the 800XP is a third generation model in the series and offers all the features that made its predecessors so successful along with significant improvements to cruising speed, range, weight limits and operating economy.
The 850XP was launched by Hawker in 2006 and is essentially the same aircraft as the 800XP except the engineers re-introduced winglets seen on earlier and subsequent models. The winglets add range and climb performance because they act to deliver the aerodynamic benefits of a larger wing, but with less induced wingspan stress.
In 2011 Hawker Beechcraft introduced the 800XPR with yet again redesigned winglets and more powerful engines. The XPR offers longer range, better performance, lower operating cost than the XP.
In developing the Hawker 800XP, the 800 was given more powerful, fuel efficient engines, and a different wing to achieve greater loading capacity and longer range. For example, when carrying full passenger load, the range can be an astounding 2,900 miles. The 850XP and XPR deliver even more range with little compromise elsewhere. And although the useful load for these aircraft is higher than for previous models, the jets can take off from fields shorter than usually required for aircraft with its range.
The cabin size is identical to the 800 and the configuration is similar, albeit with the upgrades and finishing touches expected of a late model jet. The soundproofing is excellent, with ambient noise not reaching above that of a normal conversation.
The Hawker 800XP series provides you everything you’d expect in a mid-size luxury jet but with the added performance and range rarely found in its class.
Technical specifications are as follows:
- Hawker 800XP and 850XP are equipped with two AlliedSignal TFE731-5BR rated at 4,660lb thrust each.
- Hawker 800XPR is equipped with two Honeywell TFE731-50R rated at 5,000lb thrust each.
Performance specifications are as follows:
- 800XP has a maximum cruising speed of 507mph (815km/h) with an economical (long-range) cruising speed of 463mph (745km/h). The range with four passengers and two crew is 2900mi (4667km) and with maximum payload the range is 2629mi (4230).
- 850XP has a maximum cruising speed of 515mph (828km/h) with an economical (long-range) cruising speed of 463mph (745km/h). The range with four passengers and two crew is 3040mi (4892km) and with maximum payload the range is 2900mi (4676km).
- 800XPR has a maximum cruising speed of 513mph (826km/h) with an economical (long-range) cruising speed of 463mph (745km/h). The range with four passengers and two crew is 3250mi (5230km) and with maximum payload the range is 2992mi (4815km).
Dimension specifications are as follows:
- The 800XP overall length is 51ft 1in (15.58 m) and height is 17ft 7in (5.4 m). The aircraft has a wingspan of 51ft 5in(15.67m).
- The 850XP and 800XPR length is the same as the 800XP with a height of 18ft 1 in and wingspan of 54ft 4in.
Weight specifications are as follows:
- 800XP has an empty operating weight of 16,250lb (7,370kg)) and a maximum takeoff weight of 28,000lb (12,700kg). The useful load is 11,870lb (5,384kg) and the maximum payload is 2,200lb (997kg). When carrying maximum fuel load, the payload is reduced to 1,870lb (848kg).
- 850XP has an empty operating weight of 16,330lb (7,407 kg)) and a maximum takeoff weight of 28,000lb (12,700kg). The useful load is 11,870lb (5,384kg) and the maximum payload is 2,120lb (997kg). When carrying maximum fuel load, the payload is reduced to 1,790lb (848kg).
- 800XPR operating weight is the same but the maximum payload is somewhat less at 1950lb (884kg). When carrying maximum fuel load the payload is further reduced to 1620lb (734kg).
Interior specifications are as follows:
The 800XP, 850XP and 800XPR require a crew of two and the cabins can accommodate up to 13 passengers but the typical corporate jet seats eight passengers in luxurious VIP seats. Seating arrangement is most commonly a single club configuration, plus a 3-seat divan and another forward facing seat. The cabin measures 21ft 3in in length, 6.0 ft in width and 5ft 7.5in in height. The interior baggage compartment can hold 48 cubic feet.
Both the XP and XPR offer surroundings designed to improve productivity and enhance comfort of the passengers. Plush executive seats swivel 360 degrees, fully recline, and track inboard as desired. The private full-width lavatory has a vanity and hot water sink. There is a full galley, pull-out writing desks/tables, electrical outlets, LED lighting, ample storage cabinets, and entertainment systems all finished with quality materials that complete the luxury feel of the cabin environment.
Call an Aut-Air Total Transportation Solution Representative today for a prompt consultation and quote for your particular individual air travel needs at 212-925-5330.