Bell Long Ranger 206L
The Bell Long Ranger is part of the Bell 206 family of two-bladed, single and twin engine helicopters. With an average range of 400 miles or 4 hours, the Bell 206L-4 Long Ranger has the power to fly higher and farther than it’s predecessor, the Bell Jet Ranger.
The LongRanger is designed to be the ideal flying workplace. It can hold up to 6 passengers comfortably, two more than the JetRanger, and the club-passenger seating allows for face-to-face conversations. This, coupled with its spacious cabin and luggage compartment, makes the LongRanger ideal for both corporate and leisure flying.
According to Wikipedia its predecessor was originally developed by Bell for the US Army’s Light Observation Helicopter project. The design won but failed to be selected during evaluation and testing phases. Bell redesigned the airframe and marketed the aircraft successfully to the civilian sector as the Bell 206A JetRanger.
Later Bell developed the 206L-LongRanger which had increased power, range, and capacity over the JetRanger. The LongRanger was later developed with a twin-engine option and offered as the TwinRanger. The 206L LongRanger is a stretched variant of the JetRanger with seating for seven. This LongRanger, stretched a total of 30 inches (760 mm), adding two rear-facing seats in between the front and rear seats.
Since they were first introduced in 1975, Bell has produced more than 1,700 Long Rangers of several model types. The Long Ranger is not only a favorite of corporate executive travel but both the police and medical services community enjoys this bird with its extra cabin size comes a very useful increase in utility
There are many configuration to the Bell Long Ranger and the Aut-Air fleet is no exception. You can be assured that all of the Aut-Air helicopters are meticulously maintained and offer the finest in private helicopter charter service.
Here are just a few of the variation on the Bell Long Ranger.
- Bell 206L LongRanger – Stretched 30 inches, seven seat configuration, powered by an Allison 250-C20B engine
- Agusta-Bell 206L LongRanger is licensed and built in Italy
- Bell 206L1 LongRanger II is a more powerful version, powered by an Allison 250-C28 engine.
- Agusta-Bell 206L-1 is licensed and built in Italy.
- Bell 206L1+ LongRanger Features 250-C30P engine which upgraded aircraft to Bell 206L-4 configuration.
- Bell 206L3 LongRanger III Upgraded engine to Allison 250-C30P engine.
- Agusta-Bell 206L3 is licensed and built in Italy.
- Bell 206L3+ LongRanger feature additional Bell modifications which upgraded aircraft to 206L-4 configuration.
- Bell 206L4 LongRanger IV Launched as an improved version with 250-C30P engine and transmission upgrade.
Technical specifications are as follows:
- 206L LongRanger Allison 250C20B engine rated at – 420 shp “Shaft horsepower” or 315 kW driving a twin bladed main rotor and tail rotor.
- 206L1 LongRanger II Allison 250C28B rated at 500shp “Shaft horsepower” or 375 kW
- 206L3 LongRanger III and 206L4 LongRanger IV Allison 250C30P rated at 650shp “Shaft horsepower” or 485kW.
Performance specifications are as follows:
- For models 206L,206L1,206L3, 206L4, the maximum speed is 143mph (232km/h) with a maximum cruising speed of 126 (203km/h).
- The maximum range for 206L is 390mi (628km), 206L1 is 430mi (692km), 206L3 is 414mi (241km/h), 206L4 is 410 mi (661km)
Dimension specifications are as follows:
The main rotor diameter is 37ft (11.28m). The fuselage length of 206L & 206L1 is 33ft 3in (10.13m ), the 206L3 is 34ft 3in (10.44m), and the 206L4 is 32ft 2in (9.81m). The height is 10ft 4in (3.14m).
Weight specifications are as follows:
- When empty but fully equipped the 206L weight is 1861lb (844kg) with a maximum takeoff weight of 4000lb (1814kg).
- The 206L1 empty weight is 2160lb (980kg), with a maximum takeoff weight of 4150lb (1882kg). The 206L3 empty weight is 2200lb (998kg) with a maximum takeoff 4150lb (1882kg). With external sling load the maximum take off weight is 4250lb (1927kg).
- The 206L4 empty weight is 2274lb (1031kg) with a maximum takeoff weight of 4450lb (2018kg). With external sling load the maximum take off weight is 4550lb (2064kg).
- The baggage compartment can hold up to 250 lbs.
Interior specifications are as follows:
The typical passenger capacity for the LongRanger is 8 including pilot and passenger up front. The cabin layout is for up to 6 passengers with club-passenger seating arrangement. Other layout options include executive and VIP layouts for 4 or 5 passengers in the rear and with refreshment/entertainment cabinet. When configured for medical use, two stretchers and two medical attendants are accommodated in aerial ambulance configuration.
Call an Aut-Air Total Transportation Solution Representative today for a prompt consultation and quote for your particular individual air travel needs at 212-925-5330.