Beechcraft King Air Model C90
The Beechcraft King Air Model C90 was introduced in 1971 as a variant of the highly successful Beechcraft 90 King Air. The Model 90 was the first model in what was to be the largest, most successful family of corporate twin turboprop airplanes. The model 90 was originally conceived in 1961. The first definitive prototypes and production aircraft were flown in 1964 as the Model NU-8F for the Army and later the Model 65-A90. The model 90 is a pressurized civilian equivalent for the unpressurized U-21A US Army staff and utility transport. Over the next 40 years, Beechcraft continued to modify and upgrade the Model 90 King Air, developing at least 16 models based on the 90 with the most recent being the C90GTi.
The modifications over the years resulted in the A90, B90, C90, E90 with engine upgrades, the F90 with tail and blade modifications, and several special editions such as the C90SE and the C90B ‘Jaguar’ Special Edition with unique interiors and exterior paint. The Beechcraft C90’s cabin spacious accommodates 5-6 passengers in refined comfort making it an ideal aircraft for short to medium duration flights.
Technical specifications are as follows:
- Model C90: Two Pratt & Whitney PT6A-6 turboprops which are rated at 500 shp “Shaft horsepower” or 375 kW driving three bladed propellers.
- Model C90B: Two Pratt & Whitney PT6A-21 turboprops which are rated at 550 shp “Shaft horsepower” or 410 kW driving four bladed propellers.
Performance specifications are as follows:
- Model C90: Maximum speed is 280 mph (450km/h) with a maximum cruising speed of 270 mph (435km/h) and a standard cruising speed of 250 mph (402 km/h). The maximum initial rate of climb is 1900ft/min. The maximum range with fuel reserves is 1565 mi (2520km)
- Model C90B: Maximum cruising speed 284 mph (457km/h) with a standard cruising speed of 270 mph (435 km/h). The range at standard cruising speed is 1475 mi ( 2375km).
Dimension specifications are as follows:
- Model C90: Length is 35 ft 6 in (10.8 m), and height is 14 ft 8 in (4.5 m). Wing span is 46 ft (14 m) and total wing area is 280 sq ft (25.9 m2).
- Model C90B: Length is 35 ft 6 in (10.8 m), and height is 14 ft 3 in (4.34 m). Wing span is 50ft 3in (15.32m) and total wing area is 293.9 sq ft (27.3 m2).
Weight specifications are as follows:
- Model C90: When empty but fully equipped, weighs 5318lb (2412kg). The maximum takeoff weight is 9300lb (4218kg).
- Model C90B – When empty but fully equipped, weighs 6702lb (3040kg). The maximum takeoff weight is 10,100lb (4580kg).
Interior specifications are as follows:
Passenger cabin is 4.8 ft high, 4.6 ft wide, and 12.4 ft long. The baggage compartment area is 54 sq ft.In both the Model C90 and Model C90B, typical seating is for six passengers and two pilots. Some configurations may accommodate 4-5 passengers allowing for expanded work stations, refreshment centers or other amenities.
Interior accommodations on the Beechcraft Model C90 include lavatory, VIP or executive seating and workstations/tables. Some interiors with 4-5 passenger seating capacity may include refreshment stations, entertainment centers, and additional cabin furniture. There are many interior configurations to the Beechcraft C90 but you can be assured that the Aut-Air fleet are only equipped with the finest executive or VIP interior accommodations and are meticulously maintained to perform executive transport with elegance, comfort, convenience, safety, and security.
Call an Aut-Air Total Transportation Solution Representative today for a prompt consultation and quote for your particular individual air travel needs at 212-925-5330.